Will Patton to play CastletonJune 25,2013Will Patton to play Castleton
CASTLETON — The summer concert series continues with the Will Patton Ensemble at 7 p.m. tonight at the Castleton State College Pavillion.
As a multi-instrumentalist and composer, Will Patton plays a variety of music including jazz, bluegrass and rock ’n’ roll. He has led the ensemble comprised of a mandolin, violin, guitar, flute, clarinet and string bass. They focus on Gypsy jazz and Brazilian styles while incorporating the likes of bluegrass, Brazilian samba and choros as well as original compositions of all styles. The music evokes the mood of a Parisian bistro or a plaza in the heart of Brazil.
The concert is free and open to the public. People should bring lawn chairs and blankets.
For more information on the 2013 Castleton Concert Series, visit www.castleton.edu/concerts.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.