Will Patton to play CastletonJune 25,2013Will Patton to play Castleton
CASTLETON ó The summer concert series continues with the Will Patton Ensemble at 7 p.m. tonight at the Castleton State College Pavillion.
As a multi-instrumentalist and composer, Will Patton plays a variety of music including jazz, bluegrass and rock íní roll. He has led the ensemble comprised of a mandolin, violin, guitar, flute, clarinet and string bass. They focus on Gypsy jazz and Brazilian styles while incorporating the likes of bluegrass, Brazilian samba and choros as well as original compositions of all styles. The music evokes the mood of a Parisian bistro or a plaza in the heart of Brazil.
The concert is free and open to the public. People should bring lawn chairs and blankets.
For more information on the 2013 Castleton Concert Series, visit www.castleton.edu/concerts.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.