Will Patton to play CastletonJune 25,2013Will Patton to play Castleton
CASTLETON — The summer concert series continues with the Will Patton Ensemble at 7 p.m. tonight at the Castleton State College Pavillion.
As a multi-instrumentalist and composer, Will Patton plays a variety of music including jazz, bluegrass and rock ’n’ roll. He has led the ensemble comprised of a mandolin, violin, guitar, flute, clarinet and string bass. They focus on Gypsy jazz and Brazilian styles while incorporating the likes of bluegrass, Brazilian samba and choros as well as original compositions of all styles. The music evokes the mood of a Parisian bistro or a plaza in the heart of Brazil.
The concert is free and open to the public. People should bring lawn chairs and blankets.
For more information on the 2013 Castleton Concert Series, visit www.castleton.edu/concerts.MORE IN This Just InSki area operators in Vermont and across northern New England were giddy Wednesday at the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.