Will Patton to play CastletonJune 25,2013Will Patton to play Castleton
CASTLETON — The summer concert series continues with the Will Patton Ensemble at 7 p.m. tonight at the Castleton State College Pavillion.
As a multi-instrumentalist and composer, Will Patton plays a variety of music including jazz, bluegrass and rock ’n’ roll. He has led the ensemble comprised of a mandolin, violin, guitar, flute, clarinet and string bass. They focus on Gypsy jazz and Brazilian styles while incorporating the likes of bluegrass, Brazilian samba and choros as well as original compositions of all styles. The music evokes the mood of a Parisian bistro or a plaza in the heart of Brazil.
The concert is free and open to the public. People should bring lawn chairs and blankets.
For more information on the 2013 Castleton Concert Series, visit www.castleton.edu/concerts.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?