Will Patton to play CastletonJune 25,2013Will Patton to play Castleton
CASTLETON ó The summer concert series continues with the Will Patton Ensemble at 7 p.m. tonight at the Castleton State College Pavillion.
As a multi-instrumentalist and composer, Will Patton plays a variety of music including jazz, bluegrass and rock íní roll. He has led the ensemble comprised of a mandolin, violin, guitar, flute, clarinet and string bass. They focus on Gypsy jazz and Brazilian styles while incorporating the likes of bluegrass, Brazilian samba and choros as well as original compositions of all styles. The music evokes the mood of a Parisian bistro or a plaza in the heart of Brazil.
The concert is free and open to the public. People should bring lawn chairs and blankets.
For more information on the 2013 Castleton Concert Series, visit www.castleton.edu/concerts.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.