Man charged in Pittsford crashJune 25,2013Man charged in crash
PITTSFORD — A Forestdale man was injured and will face a criminal charge from a crash on Route 7 Sunday afternoon, according to Vermont State Police.
Lucas Manchester, 33, was driving a 2000 Chevy S10 pickup north through the middle of town just before 5 p.m. when he left the roadway and crashed into a guard rail, police said.
Manchester, who was wearing his seat belt, cut his head during the crash and was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center for what police said was a minor injury.
He was also issued a criminal citation to appear in court next month to answer a charge of careless and negligent operation after a witness to the crash told police Manchester was driving “at a high rate of speed.”
Police say alcohol is believed to be a contributing factor in the crash but no drunken driving charge has been brought. The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 773-9101.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.