ST. ALBANS — Police are looking for a suspect in a sword attack on a man in St. Albans.
Police say 25-year-old Kyle Wallace got into a fight with his sister and her friend Sunday.
WCAX-TV reported that police said during the fight, Wallace allegedly swung a sword at the man. The sword had a sheath on it but it was torn, and the blade cut the man’s arm.
Police said Wallace fled with the sword. He is facing aggravated assault charges.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Facing off in their last debate ahead of Tuesday’s midterm election, the top three... Full StorySHEFFIELD — Galway Kinnell — the former state poet laureate whose work used the landscape of... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.