Drug case ends in plea dealJune 24,2013WHITE RIVER JUNCTION – A woman who admitted to selling heroin and Oxycontin from her home a year ago to undercover informants will do 30 days on the prison work crew and then enter intensive substance abuse treatment.
Ashley Blanchard, 20, now a resident of Springfield, struck a plea agreement Friday that saw her plead guilty to two felony counts of a sale of heroin and sale of a narcotic resulting in a one- to five-year sentence that was almost entirely suspended so that she can participate in drug treatment.
Vermont Assistant Attorney General Evan Meenan told the court that cooperating individuals working with the Vermont Drug Task Force had gone to Blanchard’s residence in Chester in February and March of last year and bought drugs from her in the mud room of her home after first arranging the transactions over a series of text messages.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.