Drug case ends in plea dealJune 24,2013WHITE RIVER JUNCTION – A woman who admitted to selling heroin and Oxycontin from her home a year ago to undercover informants will do 30 days on the prison work crew and then enter intensive substance abuse treatment.
Ashley Blanchard, 20, now a resident of Springfield, struck a plea agreement Friday that saw her plead guilty to two felony counts of a sale of heroin and sale of a narcotic resulting in a one- to five-year sentence that was almost entirely suspended so that she can participate in drug treatment.
Vermont Assistant Attorney General Evan Meenan told the court that cooperating individuals working with the Vermont Drug Task Force had gone to Blanchard’s residence in Chester in February and March of last year and bought drugs from her in the mud room of her home after first arranging the transactions over a series of text messages.MORE IN This Just In(Editor’s note: This is the first in a five-part series looking into the investigation of... Full StoryMORETOWN — An invite into the Moretown home of Emily Johnson and Brian Mohr shows that they live... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: On Jan. 31, 2002, Berkshire Armored Car Co. in Rutland's Howe Center was robbed of $1.9 million. Brent Curtis reports some of the surprising details he found in 10 years of FBI investigation files in a 5-part Herald series.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.