Drug case ends in plea dealJune 24,2013WHITE RIVER JUNCTION – A woman who admitted to selling heroin and Oxycontin from her home a year ago to undercover informants will do 30 days on the prison work crew and then enter intensive substance abuse treatment.
Ashley Blanchard, 20, now a resident of Springfield, struck a plea agreement Friday that saw her plead guilty to two felony counts of a sale of heroin and sale of a narcotic resulting in a one- to five-year sentence that was almost entirely suspended so that she can participate in drug treatment.
Vermont Assistant Attorney General Evan Meenan told the court that cooperating individuals working with the Vermont Drug Task Force had gone to Blanchard’s residence in Chester in February and March of last year and bought drugs from her in the mud room of her home after first arranging the transactions over a series of text messages.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.