Drug case ends in plea dealJune 24,2013WHITE RIVER JUNCTION – A woman who admitted to selling heroin and Oxycontin from her home a year ago to undercover informants will do 30 days on the prison work crew and then enter intensive substance abuse treatment.
Ashley Blanchard, 20, now a resident of Springfield, struck a plea agreement Friday that saw her plead guilty to two felony counts of a sale of heroin and sale of a narcotic resulting in a one- to five-year sentence that was almost entirely suspended so that she can participate in drug treatment.
Vermont Assistant Attorney General Evan Meenan told the court that cooperating individuals working with the Vermont Drug Task Force had gone to Blanchard’s residence in Chester in February and March of last year and bought drugs from her in the mud room of her home after first arranging the transactions over a series of text messages.MORE IN This Just InA Rutland woman who spray painted a response to graffiti left outside her house was issued a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?