NH driver charged in fatal Woodstock crashThe Associated Press | June 24,2013WOODSTOCK - A 46-year-old New Hampshire man faces a charge of negligent driving in connection with a May 16 crash in Woodstock that killed an 84-year-old woman.
Police say an investigation following the crash showed that a box truck driven by Timothy Farewell of Enfield Center, N.H., crossed the center line on U.S. Route 4 and struck a Dodge Neon being driven by Norma Sawyer of Bridgewater.
Police say they believe they believe Sawyer died on impact, while a passenger, 75-year-old Laura Robinson of Bridgewater, was hospitalized with injuries.
A follow-up investigation found Farewell allegedly crossed the center line.
It was not immediately known if Farewell has a lawyer, and a phone listing for him could not be found.MORE IN This Just InBRATTLEBORO — As a nationally known meditation teacher and New York Times best-selling author,... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.