NH driver charged in fatal Woodstock crashThe Associated Press | June 24,2013WOODSTOCK - A 46-year-old New Hampshire man faces a charge of negligent driving in connection with a May 16 crash in Woodstock that killed an 84-year-old woman.
Police say an investigation following the crash showed that a box truck driven by Timothy Farewell of Enfield Center, N.H., crossed the center line on U.S. Route 4 and struck a Dodge Neon being driven by Norma Sawyer of Bridgewater.
Police say they believe they believe Sawyer died on impact, while a passenger, 75-year-old Laura Robinson of Bridgewater, was hospitalized with injuries.
A follow-up investigation found Farewell allegedly crossed the center line.
It was not immediately known if Farewell has a lawyer, and a phone listing for him could not be found.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.