NH driver charged in fatal Woodstock crashThe Associated Press | June 24,2013WOODSTOCK - A 46-year-old New Hampshire man faces a charge of negligent driving in connection with a May 16 crash in Woodstock that killed an 84-year-old woman.
Police say an investigation following the crash showed that a box truck driven by Timothy Farewell of Enfield Center, N.H., crossed the center line on U.S. Route 4 and struck a Dodge Neon being driven by Norma Sawyer of Bridgewater.
Police say they believe they believe Sawyer died on impact, while a passenger, 75-year-old Laura Robinson of Bridgewater, was hospitalized with injuries.
A follow-up investigation found Farewell allegedly crossed the center line.
It was not immediately known if Farewell has a lawyer, and a phone listing for him could not be found.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Giles Corey of Salem, Mass., is pressed to death during the Salem witch trials; on this day in 1952, film comedian Charlie Chaplin, while traveling to England, is denied re-entry into the United States by U.S. attorney general.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Dutch father of microbiology Antonie van Leeuwenhoek discovers the existence of one-celled organisms; in 1967, The Doors are booked to play the Ed Sullivan show; in 1858, freedom fighter Dred Scott dies on this day in St. Louis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No money this year for western rail project, Lola Aiken memorialized in Montpelier, Supreme Court Castleton murder suspect will remain in jail, Shaftbury man fires shots from his AK-47 into neighbor's home.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1959, Soviet Premier Nikita S. Khrushchev arrives in U.S. for historic 13-day visit; in 1987, Secretary of State George Shultz and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze sign nuclear reduction agreement.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City celebrates completion of its newest mural, on West Street opposite the post office, more than $2 million in federal grants will bolster Vermont's health centers, Patrick McArdle reports on pending sale of Vermont papers.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Henry Hudson sails up the Hudson River as far as present-day Albany, Leo Szilard has epiphany waiting for the light to change, 3 kids report a West Virginia close encounter in 1952.