Community forum in Springfield follows drug sweepJune 22,2013SPRINGFIELD — A community meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Riverside Middle School to discuss the recent drug raid in Springfield and surrounding towns.
Representatives from Vermont State Police, the federal Drug Enforcement Agency, and communities who have had success responding to situations similar to Springfield, will be on hand, according to Wendi Germain, director of the Springfield Justice Center, one of the organizers of the forum.
The discussion and planning session will be followed by a walk through town, according to Germain.
“It’s time to come up with a plan and follow through on it. To do this we need to rally as a community,” she added.
Germain said people can call her at 885-8707.MORE IN This Just InA Rutland woman who spray painted a response to graffiti left outside her house was issued a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?