Community forum in Springfield follows drug sweepJune 22,2013SPRINGFIELD A community meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Riverside Middle School to discuss the recent drug raid in Springfield and surrounding towns.
Representatives from Vermont State Police, the federal Drug Enforcement Agency, and communities who have had success responding to situations similar to Springfield, will be on hand, according to Wendi Germain, director of the Springfield Justice Center, one of the organizers of the forum.
The discussion and planning session will be followed by a walk through town, according to Germain.
Its time to come up with a plan and follow through on it. To do this we need to rally as a community, she added.
Germain said people can call her at 885-8707.MORE IN This Just InBillings Farm & Museum in Woodstock will host its annual Baby Animal Day on Saturday. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.