Vt. police say Peacham victim shot twiceThe Associated Press | June 21,2013PEACHAM - A Vermont State Police detective says a Peacham man was shot twice in the chest by his wife's ex-husband before he shot himself in the head.
Police released the information Friday after receiving the results of autopsies conduction on the bodies of 50-year-old Mark Peabody of Peacham and the shooter, 59-year-old John Jackson of Amherst, N.H.
Police were called to Peabody's home Wednesday morning after receiving a report from his wife Jeannie Peabody that a white van had pulled up in front of her house. Jeannie Peabody went to a neighbor's house to call 911.
Mark Peabody was the former principal at the Peacham school.
Jackson was a physician in Manchester, N.H.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.