Vt. police say Peacham victim shot twiceThe Associated Press | June 21,2013PEACHAM - A Vermont State Police detective says a Peacham man was shot twice in the chest by his wife's ex-husband before he shot himself in the head.
Police released the information Friday after receiving the results of autopsies conduction on the bodies of 50-year-old Mark Peabody of Peacham and the shooter, 59-year-old John Jackson of Amherst, N.H.
Police were called to Peabody's home Wednesday morning after receiving a report from his wife Jeannie Peabody that a white van had pulled up in front of her house. Jeannie Peabody went to a neighbor's house to call 911.
Mark Peabody was the former principal at the Peacham school.
Jackson was a physician in Manchester, N.H.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.