Vt. court affirms sentence in '04 ex-wife deathThe Associated Press | June 21,2013MONTPELIER - The Vermont Supreme Court is affirming a minimum 14-year prison sentence for a man convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the 2004 death of his wife whose body was found outside their Bethel home.
William "Al" Kimmick had filed a post-conviction relief claim that he had ineffective counsel during the 2005 sentencing phase after his conviction on the manslaughter charge filed after the death of his wife 41-year-old, Kathyrn Kimmick.
The body of Kathryn Kimmick was found frozen in a car outside her Bethel apartment on Jan. 23, 2004, about three days after she died. An autopsy found she died of blows to the head.
William Kimmick fled to Taiwan after his wife's death, but he surrendered and returned to the United States.
He was convicted in the fall of 2004.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.