Circus kicks off summer seriesJune 20,2013Circus kicks off
The circus comes to Center Street on Friday.
A “Solstice Circus” is the first event in the Downtown Rutland Partnership’s summer series (formerly known as “Friday Night Live.”)
Circus acts from Wonderle’s Big Top Adventures and animals from Independence Petting Farm will be on display from 6 to 10 p.m. Rick Redington & The Luv will provide live music.
The Partnership is making this year’s downtown events smoke-free, so participants are asked not to smoke within the event area.
The event is sponsored by Green Mountain Power’s Smart Power System.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.