MONTPELIER — Gov. Peter Shumlin and Quebec Premier Pauline Marois say they’re implementing an electric vehicle charging corridor across the international boundary between the state and province.
The two announced the agreement to install the stations Monday in Montreal.
The corridor will initially link Burlington and Montreal with more than 20 charging stations along the 138-mile route.
In addition to announcing the initial corridor, the agreement also envisions installing similar corridors on other cross-border routes, including between Magog and Sherbrooke in Quebec’s Eastern townships to St. Johnsbury in Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom.
The official opening of the corridor will take place this fall.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Vermont kept its No. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.