Teen faces charges of giving drugs to a minorJune 19,2013Teen charged with giving student pills
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — A Springfield teenager faces felony charges after he allegedly gave prescription Percocet pills to a younger friend.
Kevin Morin, 18, pleaded innocent Monday to two counts of felony drug delivery to a minor and to accompanying misdemeanor charges of possession of narcotics and petty larceny.
Three white pills identified as Percocet were discovered on June 5 when the assistant principal and school nurse at Springfield High School searched a 15-year-old girl’s purse. Police said the search was a daily routine because the girl had brought prescription medication to school previously and had once overdosed while in school.
The girl told school officials she thought the pills were ibuprofen and that Morin gave them to her because she was feeling ill, police said.
Morin admitted taking the pills from a relative’s prescription bottle, police said, and the relative determined that more than 50 Percocet pills were missing.
Percocet is prescribed for moderate to severe pain.
Morin faces up to 12 years in prison if convicted of the charges.MORE IN This Just InBy Erin Mansfield Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.