Teen faces charges of giving drugs to a minorJune 19,2013Teen charged with giving student pills
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — A Springfield teenager faces felony charges after he allegedly gave prescription Percocet pills to a younger friend.
Kevin Morin, 18, pleaded innocent Monday to two counts of felony drug delivery to a minor and to accompanying misdemeanor charges of possession of narcotics and petty larceny.
Three white pills identified as Percocet were discovered on June 5 when the assistant principal and school nurse at Springfield High School searched a 15-year-old girl’s purse. Police said the search was a daily routine because the girl had brought prescription medication to school previously and had once overdosed while in school.
The girl told school officials she thought the pills were ibuprofen and that Morin gave them to her because she was feeling ill, police said.
Morin admitted taking the pills from a relative’s prescription bottle, police said, and the relative determined that more than 50 Percocet pills were missing.
Percocet is prescribed for moderate to severe pain.
Morin faces up to 12 years in prison if convicted of the charges.MORE IN This Just InSki area operators in Vermont and across northern New England were giddy Wednesday at the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.