Teen faces charges of giving drugs to a minorJune 19,2013Teen charged with giving student pills
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — A Springfield teenager faces felony charges after he allegedly gave prescription Percocet pills to a younger friend.
Kevin Morin, 18, pleaded innocent Monday to two counts of felony drug delivery to a minor and to accompanying misdemeanor charges of possession of narcotics and petty larceny.
Three white pills identified as Percocet were discovered on June 5 when the assistant principal and school nurse at Springfield High School searched a 15-year-old girl’s purse. Police said the search was a daily routine because the girl had brought prescription medication to school previously and had once overdosed while in school.
The girl told school officials she thought the pills were ibuprofen and that Morin gave them to her because she was feeling ill, police said.
Morin admitted taking the pills from a relative’s prescription bottle, police said, and the relative determined that more than 50 Percocet pills were missing.
Percocet is prescribed for moderate to severe pain.
Morin faces up to 12 years in prison if convicted of the charges.MORE IN This Just InEfforts are underway to raise thousands of dollars needed to pay for medical care and other... Full StoryTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss some of the... Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.