Teen faces charges of giving drugs to a minorJune 19,2013Teen charged with giving student pills
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — A Springfield teenager faces felony charges after he allegedly gave prescription Percocet pills to a younger friend.
Kevin Morin, 18, pleaded innocent Monday to two counts of felony drug delivery to a minor and to accompanying misdemeanor charges of possession of narcotics and petty larceny.
Three white pills identified as Percocet were discovered on June 5 when the assistant principal and school nurse at Springfield High School searched a 15-year-old girl’s purse. Police said the search was a daily routine because the girl had brought prescription medication to school previously and had once overdosed while in school.
The girl told school officials she thought the pills were ibuprofen and that Morin gave them to her because she was feeling ill, police said.
Morin admitted taking the pills from a relative’s prescription bottle, police said, and the relative determined that more than 50 Percocet pills were missing.
Percocet is prescribed for moderate to severe pain.
Morin faces up to 12 years in prison if convicted of the charges.MORE IN This Just InTo celebrate the Green Mountain Writers Conference’s move to the Mountain Top Inn in Chittenden,... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?