Carolyn L. SwintonJune 19,2013
Carolyn L. SwintonCarolyn L. Swinton
VERGENNES — Carolyn Louise Swinton, 64, died Sunday, June 16, 2013, at her home.
Born in Middlebury March 5, 1949, she was the daughter of Edward C. and Alta A. (Bishop) Brileya.
She graduated from Vergennes High School in 1967.
Mrs. Swinton was employed at Spencer Greenhouse of Panton, Basin Harbor Club, Dunkin Donuts and more recently, worked for Janitech, the city of Vergennes, the Opera House and Vergennes Fire Station.
She enjoyed puzzles, photography, the change of seasons, plants and flowers.
Survivors include two sons, Lee Swinton of Middlebury and Lyle Swinton of Bristol; four siblings, Richard Brileya of Moriah, N.Y., J. Elaine Stanley of Salisbury Village, Marilyn Nolter of Kingsville, Texas, and Ramona Boswell of Seabrook, N.H.; eight grandchildren; nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband, Lyndon W. Swinton, and two brothers, David and Ronald Brileya.
Calling hours will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, June 21, at the Sanderson-Ducharme Funeral Home, 117 South Main St., Middlebury.
The funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 22, at St. Mary’s Church, College Street, Middlebury, with the Rev. Richard Crawley as celebrant. Burial will follow in Lakeview Cemetery, Shoreham.
Memorial contributions may be made to Addison County Home Health and Hospice, PO Box 754, Middlebury, VT 05753; or American Cancer Society, 55 Day Lane, Williston, VT 05495.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?