former Vt. trooper
BURLINGTON — A former Vermont State Police sergeant in prison after pleading guilty to padding his timesheets can never serve as a police officer again in the state.
The Vermont Criminal Justice Training Council has voted to decertify Jim Deeghan as a police officer.
Richard Gauthier of the Vermont Police Academy said Deeghan is the first full-time police officer to be decertified in the state.
The 50-year-old Deeghan has not contested the decertification.
Deeghan is serving up to two years in prison and must pay over $200,000 in restitution.MORE IN Vermont NewsRUTLAND-Vermont's largest electric utility says its customers won't be seeing any increases in... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation