Police: Teen cited after drinking party in PittsfieldJune 17,2013Police: Teen cited after party
RUTLAND — A local teenager was cited for possession of marijuana after police raided an alleged underage drinking party on Upper Michigan Road in Pittsfield on Saturday around 1 a.m., according to Sgt. Thomas Mozzer of the Vermont State Police.
Mozzer said police issued five civil violations for possession or consumption of a malt beverage
Andrew Drake, 18, of Rutland City, was suspected of drinking but wouldn’t identify himself, police said.
Drake was taken into protective custody and Mozzer said police found he was in possession of a small amount of marijuana.
According to the press release, Drake was taken into criminal custody but still wouldn’t identify himself. He was taken to the Rutland jail and held on $5,000 cash bail.
While being processed, Drake identified himself.
He is scheduled to be arraigned today in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just InBig movie day at Town Hall Theater Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.