Police: Teen cited after drinking party in PittsfieldJune 17,2013Police: Teen cited after party
RUTLAND — A local teenager was cited for possession of marijuana after police raided an alleged underage drinking party on Upper Michigan Road in Pittsfield on Saturday around 1 a.m., according to Sgt. Thomas Mozzer of the Vermont State Police.
Mozzer said police issued five civil violations for possession or consumption of a malt beverage
Andrew Drake, 18, of Rutland City, was suspected of drinking but wouldn’t identify himself, police said.
Drake was taken into protective custody and Mozzer said police found he was in possession of a small amount of marijuana.
According to the press release, Drake was taken into criminal custody but still wouldn’t identify himself. He was taken to the Rutland jail and held on $5,000 cash bail.
While being processed, Drake identified himself.
He is scheduled to be arraigned today in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.