Police: Teen cited after drinking party in PittsfieldJune 17,2013Police: Teen cited after party
RUTLAND — A local teenager was cited for possession of marijuana after police raided an alleged underage drinking party on Upper Michigan Road in Pittsfield on Saturday around 1 a.m., according to Sgt. Thomas Mozzer of the Vermont State Police.
Mozzer said police issued five civil violations for possession or consumption of a malt beverage
Andrew Drake, 18, of Rutland City, was suspected of drinking but wouldn’t identify himself, police said.
Drake was taken into protective custody and Mozzer said police found he was in possession of a small amount of marijuana.
According to the press release, Drake was taken into criminal custody but still wouldn’t identify himself. He was taken to the Rutland jail and held on $5,000 cash bail.
While being processed, Drake identified himself.
He is scheduled to be arraigned today in Rutland criminal court.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.