Police: Teen cited after drinking party in PittsfieldJune 17,2013Police: Teen cited after party
RUTLAND — A local teenager was cited for possession of marijuana after police raided an alleged underage drinking party on Upper Michigan Road in Pittsfield on Saturday around 1 a.m., according to Sgt. Thomas Mozzer of the Vermont State Police.
Mozzer said police issued five civil violations for possession or consumption of a malt beverage
Andrew Drake, 18, of Rutland City, was suspected of drinking but wouldn’t identify himself, police said.
Drake was taken into protective custody and Mozzer said police found he was in possession of a small amount of marijuana.
According to the press release, Drake was taken into criminal custody but still wouldn’t identify himself. He was taken to the Rutland jail and held on $5,000 cash bail.
While being processed, Drake identified himself.
He is scheduled to be arraigned today in Rutland criminal court.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.