Motorcyclist injured in crashJune 17,2013Staff Report
ARLINGTON — A Shaftsbury man was sent to the hospital with minor injuries after a crash on Saturday afternoon, according to the Vermont State Police.
Police believe Howard Guber, 75, of Kennesaw, Ga., was driving a 2007 Toyata Camry north on Route 7A in Arlington when he turned left in front of Eric Broderson, 44, of Shaftsbury, who was driving a 2009 KMT motorcycle, south on Route 7A.
Broderson unsuccessfully attempted to stop. His motorcycle slid into the rear passenger side of Guber’s car as Broderson hit the pavement.
The crash was reported to police around 4:40 p.m. When they reached the scene, members of the Arlington Fire Department and Arlington Rescue Squad had already arrived.
Broderson, who was wearing his helmet at the time of the crash, was taken to the Southwestern Vermont Medical Center in Bennington with minor injuries. Guber, who was not injured in the crash, was issued a citation for failing to yield right of way.MORE IN This Just InBig movie day at Town Hall Theater Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.