Driver avoids serious injury after run-in with mooseJune 16,2013Staff Writer
KILLINGTON — A Middlesex motorist avoided serious injury following a collision with a moose Saturday night.
According to State Police, shortly after 9 p.m., Maurice A. Hebert, 65, was driving east on Route 4 in a 2012 Jeep Wrangler when a moose emerged from the woods and struck the passenger’s side of Hebert’s vehicle.
Hebert sustained minor scrapes, as did his passenger, Rosemary Hebert, 63, of Middlesex. A 15-year-old juvenile passenger was not injured. The vehicle sustained damage to the front, rear and passenger side and was towed from the scene.
The moose’s condition was not available.MORE IN This Just InThink of Saturdayís event as a classier and much more fun version of Black Friday. Full StoryComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full StoryBURLINGTON - Vermont prosecutors and defense attorneys are in talks to settle charges filed... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation