Police probe shooting, stabbing in DanbyJune 16,2013By Josh O’Gorman
Vermont State Police responded Sunday night to a reported shooting and stabbing in Danby.
The incident was first reported around 7:30 p.m. on John Corey Road. According to scanner reports, a man had been shot in the leg and a woman had been stabbed.
The conditions of the two people injured were not available at press time.
Police at the scene declined to comment on the incident.
Scanner reports indicated that police tried to get a medical helicopter to fly to the scene from Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H., or Albany (N.Y.) Medical Center. However, due to weather conditions a helicopter could not fly to the scene.
At least one person injured was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center by ambulance with a police escort.
John Corey Road is about one mile from Danby Four Corners. Police had yellow crime scene tape across a driveway leading up to the home.
The home is set back about 100 yards from the road.
Officers could be seen investigating and snapping photographs as the sun set.
A constable from Pawlet also responded to the scene as well as firefighting personnel from Danby and emergency responders from Wallingford and Manchester.
A gathering of bystanders watched at the end of the driveway as police investigated.MORE IN This Just InEfforts are underway to raise thousands of dollars needed to pay for medical care and other... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.