David N. MillerJune 16,2013David N. Miller Rites
The graveside service for David Norman Miller, 75, of Clarendon, who died Wednesday, June 12, 2013, at the Rutland Regional Medical Center, was held Saturday June 15, at the East Clarendon Cemetery.
The Rev. John Longworth, pastor of the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, officiated
Memorial contributions may be made to the Bailey Memorial Library, 11 Moulton Ave., North Clarendon, VT, the Clarendon Volunteer Fire Department, North Clarendon, VT 05759, Rutland County Humane Society Inc., 765 Stevens Road, Pittsford, VT 05763 or to Crotched Mountain Foundation, One Verney Drive, Greenfield, NH 03047.
Arrangements were by the Aldous Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.