John H. Jackson Sr.June 16,2013John H. Jackson Sr. Rites
PITTSFORD — A funeral service for John H. Jackson Sr., 69, who died June 10, 2013, at his home, was held Saturday, June 15, in the Clifford Funeral Home.
Mr. Jackson was predeceased by his wife, Deborah Jackson, in 2000 and a daughter, Andrea L. Zonay in 1997.
Officiating was the Rev. James Dodson and the Rev. Ilya Raja, associate pastors of Christ the King Church.
Words of remembrance were spoken by Mr. Jackson’s children, John H. Jackson Jr., Amy Moriglioni, Jason Jackson and Joshua Jackson.
Burial followed in Evergreen Cemetery in Rutland by Rev. Dodson and Rev. Raja.
Military services were provided by Rutland American Legion Post 31. Flag folders were John Manney, Ron Fairbanks and Bill Champine. Jim Burke presented the flag to the family. Taps were sounded by Jim Mills.
Bearers were Tony Moriglioni, Jodi Beauchamp, Patricia Beauchamp, Edward Beauchamp, Kevin Fleury, Jason Jackson and Samuel Zonay.
Bagpiper was John Peterson.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.