John H. Jackson Sr.June 16,2013John H. Jackson Sr. Rites
PITTSFORD — A funeral service for John H. Jackson Sr., 69, who died June 10, 2013, at his home, was held Saturday, June 15, in the Clifford Funeral Home.
Mr. Jackson was predeceased by his wife, Deborah Jackson, in 2000 and a daughter, Andrea L. Zonay in 1997.
Officiating was the Rev. James Dodson and the Rev. Ilya Raja, associate pastors of Christ the King Church.
Words of remembrance were spoken by Mr. Jackson’s children, John H. Jackson Jr., Amy Moriglioni, Jason Jackson and Joshua Jackson.
Burial followed in Evergreen Cemetery in Rutland by Rev. Dodson and Rev. Raja.
Military services were provided by Rutland American Legion Post 31. Flag folders were John Manney, Ron Fairbanks and Bill Champine. Jim Burke presented the flag to the family. Taps were sounded by Jim Mills.
Bearers were Tony Moriglioni, Jodi Beauchamp, Patricia Beauchamp, Edward Beauchamp, Kevin Fleury, Jason Jackson and Samuel Zonay.
Bagpiper was John Peterson.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.