Reward offered in pharmacy robberyJune 15,2013BENNINGTON — A company that works with pharmacies is offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest of a man who robbed a CVS pharmacy on Kocher Drive in Bennington.
According to the Bennington Police Department, the suspect is a thin, white man, about 6 feet 3 inches to 6 feet 4 inches tall. Police said he was wearing a black face mask, black sleeveless vest and a charcoal gray hooded sweatshirt and gloves.
Police said the man entered the pharmacy around 9 p.m. May 21, showed a gun and demanded controlled substances. The man left through an emergency exit at the side of the building.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Stoppers Hotline at (888) 479-8477. According to a press release announcing the reward, callers to the hotline don’t need to leave their names or appear in court and the line doesn’t record calls or use any kind of device that can identify callers.
The reward is being offered by RxPatrol, which is described on its website as a “collaborative effort between (the pharmacy) industry and law enforcement designed to collect, collate, analyze and disseminate pharmacy theft information.”
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.