Reward offered in pharmacy robberyJune 15,2013BENNINGTON — A company that works with pharmacies is offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest of a man who robbed a CVS pharmacy on Kocher Drive in Bennington.
According to the Bennington Police Department, the suspect is a thin, white man, about 6 feet 3 inches to 6 feet 4 inches tall. Police said he was wearing a black face mask, black sleeveless vest and a charcoal gray hooded sweatshirt and gloves.
Police said the man entered the pharmacy around 9 p.m. May 21, showed a gun and demanded controlled substances. The man left through an emergency exit at the side of the building.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Stoppers Hotline at (888) 479-8477. According to a press release announcing the reward, callers to the hotline don’t need to leave their names or appear in court and the line doesn’t record calls or use any kind of device that can identify callers.
The reward is being offered by RxPatrol, which is described on its website as a “collaborative effort between (the pharmacy) industry and law enforcement designed to collect, collate, analyze and disseminate pharmacy theft information.”MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: On Jan. 31, 2002, Berkshire Armored Car Co. in Rutland's Howe Center was robbed of $1.9 million. Brent Curtis reports some of the surprising details he found in 10 years of FBI investigation files in a 5-part Herald series.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.