Meeting will help locals seek government contractsJune 15,2013MANCHESTER — The Vermont Procurement Technical Center will host a free System for Award Management, or SAM, workshop on June 20 from 1 to 4:30 p.m. at the Manchester Town Hall.
The SAM is the primary database for vendors doing business with the federal government because it streamlines processes and increases efficiency by eliminating the need to enter the same data multiple times.
This hands-on workshop is designed to help new and existing companies understand the SAM registration and account creation process. The workshop will provide individual assistance to migrate former Central Contractor Registration to SAM account activation and updates.
Registration for the free workshop can be done online at: http://vtptac.ecenterdirect.com or by contacting Ed Williams, the Vermont Procurement Technical Center procurement counselor, by phone at 885-3061 or email at Ed.Williams@state.vt.us.
The purpose of the center is to help Vermont businesses obtain government contracts. The center offers free counseling services to Vermont businesses and provides assistance on how to bid on government contracts at the federal, state and local levels.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.