Meeting will help locals seek government contractsJune 15,2013MANCHESTER — The Vermont Procurement Technical Center will host a free System for Award Management, or SAM, workshop on June 20 from 1 to 4:30 p.m. at the Manchester Town Hall.
The SAM is the primary database for vendors doing business with the federal government because it streamlines processes and increases efficiency by eliminating the need to enter the same data multiple times.
This hands-on workshop is designed to help new and existing companies understand the SAM registration and account creation process. The workshop will provide individual assistance to migrate former Central Contractor Registration to SAM account activation and updates.
Registration for the free workshop can be done online at: http://vtptac.ecenterdirect.com or by contacting Ed Williams, the Vermont Procurement Technical Center procurement counselor, by phone at 885-3061 or email at Ed.Williams@state.vt.us.
The purpose of the center is to help Vermont businesses obtain government contracts. The center offers free counseling services to Vermont businesses and provides assistance on how to bid on government contracts at the federal, state and local levels.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City aldermen discuss future of recreation department facilities, three bears killed in interstate crash, town school principal rewards students' good reading habits, fight at city jail sends a man to hospital.