Donna M. BeckJune 15,2013
Donna M. BeckDonna M. Beck
LONDONDERRY — Donna Marilyn Beck, 60, died June 8, 2013, at Mount Ascutney Hospital and Health Center.
She was born Nov. 18, 1952, in Queens, N.Y., the daughter of Harold and Virginia Hanson.
She graduated from Peabody (Mass.) High School in 1970, and attended North Shore Community College in Beverly, Mass.
She married Wayne Thomas Beck, and lived in Beverly, Mass., prior to moving to Londonderry in 1988.
She was employed at Parker Brothers Games as a supervisor in Massachusetts, and later worked for AppleJack Art Partners in Manchester Center in art sales. She also worked out of her home as a business consultant and in software and office equipment sales.
She especially enjoyed animals, nature and time spent at the Weston Priory. She also enjoyed crochet, knitting, cooking, music, gardening, camping, learning and traveling.
Survivors include her husband, Wayne Thomas Beck of Londonderry; two sons, Matthew Gregory Beck and Jeremiah Russell Beck; her mother Virginia Hanson; three brothers, Philip Hanson, Scott Hanson, and Doug Hanson; nieces, nephews and cousins.
She was predeceased by her father, Harold “Tim” Hanson.
There will be a memorial celebrating her life on Sunday, June 23, 2013, at 3 p.m. at the Weston Priory.
Memorial contributions may be made to Mount Ascutney Hospital and Health Center Acute Ward, 289 County Road, Windsor, VT 05089; or The Central Vermont Humane Society, 1589 Route 14S, E. Montpelier, VT 05651.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?