Tours being offered of Vt. wind farmThe Associated Press | June 14,2013LOWELL - Green Mountain Power is offering public tours of its wind project in Lowell Mountain this summer.
They're booked for June; more tours are being offered in July and August.
A spokeswoman for the project said it's an opportunity to see and hear an operating wind farm, and learn how Green Mountain Power is making electricity for 24,000 Vermont homes.
The Caledonian-Record reported that the tours last about 90 minutes, and visitors will be able to get out near the base of two of the 21 turbines. Tours are being held most Wednesdays in July and August at 10 a.m. Saturday tours are being offered on July 27 and Aug. 31 at 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.