Tours being offered of Vt. wind farmThe Associated Press | June 14,2013LOWELL - Green Mountain Power is offering public tours of its wind project in Lowell Mountain this summer.
They're booked for June; more tours are being offered in July and August.
A spokeswoman for the project said it's an opportunity to see and hear an operating wind farm, and learn how Green Mountain Power is making electricity for 24,000 Vermont homes.
The Caledonian-Record reported that the tours last about 90 minutes, and visitors will be able to get out near the base of two of the 21 turbines. Tours are being held most Wednesdays in July and August at 10 a.m. Saturday tours are being offered on July 27 and Aug. 31 at 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.