Frederick A. Vahle RitesJune 13,2013Frederick A. Vahle Rites
The memorial service for Frederick A. Vahle, 66, of Orlando, Fla., and formerly of Rutland, who died May 15, 2013, in Orlando was held Tuesday, June 11, at St. Bridget’s Church in West Rutland.
The Rev. Vincent J. Coppola, pastor, officiated.
Organist was Angela Lundrigan.
Vocalist was Olivia Gawet.
Burial with military honors followed in St. Bridget’s Cemetery in West Rutland. The Rutland American Legion Post #31 Color Guard provided honors. Jim Burke presented the flag, Jim Mills sounded Taps, and John Manney and Ron Fairbanks were the rifle squad.
A reception followed in the church hall.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Durfee Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.