John H. Jackson Sr.June 13,2013
John H. Jackson Sr.John H. Jackson Sr.
PITTSFORD — John H. Jackson Sr., 69, died June 10, 2013, at his home.
He was born in Lebanon, N.H., Oct. 6, 1943, son of Robert N. and Naoma (Jones) Jackson.
John was a 1962 graduate of Lyndon Institute.
He was a U.S. Navy Vietnam War veteran, stationed on the USS Castor.
John was employed by Grand Union Co. in Rutland, and Shaw’s Supermarket in Fair Haven.
He enjoyed woodworking, fishing, gardening and family gatherings.
Surviving are his father, Dr. Robert N. Jackson of Chester; three sons, John H. Jackson Jr. and companion Kelly Burke and her son, Tristan Burke of Thetford, Jason A. Jackson of Bellows Falls, and Joshua J. Jackson and his wife, Melissa of Windsor; a daughter, Amy Moriglioni and her husband, Tony of Florence; a twin sister, Joan Jackson-O’Brien of Oswego, NY; eight grandchildren, Cailyn Jackson, Sam Zonay, Elise Jackson, Niko Moriglioni, Amber Moriglioni, Brennan Jackson, Michael Jackson and Layla Jackson.
Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 15, 2013, in the Clifford Funeral Home. Officiating will be the Rev. James Dodson, assistant pastor of Christ the King Church.
Burial will follow in Evergreen Cemetery.
Friends may call at the Clifford Funeral Home on Friday, June 14, from 4 to 7 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to a charity of one’s choice, care of Clifford Funeral Home, 2 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.