Woman dies of injuries from crashJune 12,2013Woman dies of
injuries from crash
QUECHEE ó A New Hampshire woman involved in a head-on crash in Quechee on a dangerous stretch of Route 4 has died.
The crash happened last Thursday on Route 4, near exit one on Interstate 89.
Police said 72-year-old Ingrid Neuwirt of West Lebanon was driving when she crossed the center line and crashed into 43-year-old Shirley Adams of White River Junction.
Police said Neuwirt died Monday.
Police say five people have died on this stretch of Route 4 since March.
On Friday, Gov. Peter Shumlin announced a series of safety improvements for the road, including an immediate repaving and installation of rumble stripes and long-term plans to rebuild it.
The project will cost about $400,000.MORE IN This Just InThe man charged in a hit-and-run crash that killed a pedestrian in Killington early Sunday... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation