Woman dies of injuries from crashJune 12,2013Woman dies of
injuries from crash
QUECHEE ó A New Hampshire woman involved in a head-on crash in Quechee on a dangerous stretch of Route 4 has died.
The crash happened last Thursday on Route 4, near exit one on Interstate 89.
Police said 72-year-old Ingrid Neuwirt of West Lebanon was driving when she crossed the center line and crashed into 43-year-old Shirley Adams of White River Junction.
Police said Neuwirt died Monday.
Police say five people have died on this stretch of Route 4 since March.
On Friday, Gov. Peter Shumlin announced a series of safety improvements for the road, including an immediate repaving and installation of rumble stripes and long-term plans to rebuild it.
The project will cost about $400,000.MORE IN This Just InPITTSFORD – The Select Board meets tonight at 6:30 to hear a presentation by Green Lantern... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.