A West Rutland man is charged with breaking windows.June 12,2013Police: Local man
broke car windows
A West Rutland man denied charges that he smashed the windows of a parked vehicle.
Nicholas Greene, 20, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court Monday to a felony charge of unlawful mischief, which carries a penalty of up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine.
According to court records, on the evening of March 19 Vermont State Police responded to a complaint on Marble Street in West Rutland.
The caller told police she was watching television when she heard loud noises from the street. Police said the caller saw Greene and Corey Fitzgerald, 21, of Poultney, using a baseball bat and a golf club to break the windows of a Jeep Grand Cherokee parked outside.
The caller recognized Greene and Fitzgerald because she was friends with them on Facebook, court records state.
Police said Fitzgerald denied breaking the windows or being acquainted with Greene. Fitzgerald pleaded innocent to a felony charge of unlawful mischief on April 22.MORE IN This Just InBig movie day at Town Hall Theater Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.