A West Rutland man is charged with breaking windows.June 12,2013Police: Local man
broke car windows
A West Rutland man denied charges that he smashed the windows of a parked vehicle.
Nicholas Greene, 20, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court Monday to a felony charge of unlawful mischief, which carries a penalty of up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine.
According to court records, on the evening of March 19 Vermont State Police responded to a complaint on Marble Street in West Rutland.
The caller told police she was watching television when she heard loud noises from the street. Police said the caller saw Greene and Corey Fitzgerald, 21, of Poultney, using a baseball bat and a golf club to break the windows of a Jeep Grand Cherokee parked outside.
The caller recognized Greene and Fitzgerald because she was friends with them on Facebook, court records state.
Police said Fitzgerald denied breaking the windows or being acquainted with Greene. Fitzgerald pleaded innocent to a felony charge of unlawful mischief on April 22.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.