Vt.. man dies in one-car crashThe Associated Press | June 12,2013BROWINGTON - Vermont State Police say a 25-year-old man has died in a car crash in Brownington.
Police said Joshua Glodgett of Brownington was driving south on Route 5A at about 9:10 p.m. Tuesday. His car left the road as he entered a sharp left-hand curve.
The car struck a large rock, causing it to become airborne before it ran into some trees and overturned several times.
Police said Glodgett, who was not wearing a seatbelt, suffered numerous injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are investigating the crash.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.